Facing Divorce or Another Complex Family Law Problem?
Reach Out to an Experienced Hackensack Family Law Lawyer
Family law problems are some of the most stressful legal issues out there. They not only impact spouses and other family members who once had close relationships but are now at odds with each other, they also greatly affect vulnerable children. If you are facing a divorce or separation, are expecting a tough custody battle, are accused of domestic violence or have been abused, or if you are facing another legal issue in your domestic life, it’s to your benefit to get the advice of a knowledgeable New Jersey family law lawyer.
Family-related legal issues tend to be much more complex than they appear on the surface. In addition to the legalities involved, emotions often run high, which can contribute to misunderstandings and intensify conflicts. Finding a resolution that fully protects you while minimizing the burdens on your loved ones requires a thorough understanding of the law and the legal options that are available.
Get Help from an Effective New Jersey Family Law Firm
At Men’s & Fathers’ Rights Divorce Lawyers by Schultz & Associates, LLC, we have the in-depth insight into the law that is needed to get the best possible legal solutions for clients based on the facts of their situations. We bring decades of experience to representing spouses, parents, grandparents, children, and others in family law matters throughout New Jersey.
Our attorneys are also licensed in New York, and we frequently represent clients who live and work on both sides of the Hudson River. If you need a family law attorney, we encourage you to give us a call. We are here to help, and we will make sure that you have a clear understanding of your situation so that you can make informed decisions about protecting your legal rights.
At Men’s & Fathers’ Rights Divorce Lawyers by Schultz & Associates, LLC, family law isn’t just what we do. It’s all we do. Our attorneys are passionate about representing individuals facing divorce, child custody disputes, and other difficult family law matters. Call us for help today at (201) 880-9770.
Why Choose Our Family Law Attorneys in Hackensack, NJ?
We know you have choices in New Jersey when it comes to family law attorneys. We believe you should consider our firm to handle your matter for several reasons. Our practice is 100% devoted to representing individuals in family law matters, which means our attorneys are not distracted by staying up-to-date in other areas of the law. We limit the number of cases we take so that we can provide responsive and personalized attention to every client. Our dedication to delivering exceptional client service has resulted in positive reviews from clients and high peer review ratings for Carrie S. Schultz, the firm’s founder and a certified Matrimonial Law Attorney in New Jersey.
As a result of our focus, our experience, and the individualized attention we provide to our clients, our attorneys have been ranked among the “10 Best” by the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, and we have received numerous other forms of local and national recognition. When you trust us with your case, you can expect honest and straightforward legal guidance from a hardworking Hackensack family law lawyer who is dedicated to trying to get you the outcome you need to move forward with your life. Contact us today to arrange a consultation so we can learn about your matter and explain how we can help you.
How We Can Help You
Hackensack Family Law Lawyer Will Protect Your Interests from Start to Finish
When you work with a New Jersey family law attorney from our firm, we will, of course, help you by providing knowledgeable legal representation tailored to your unique situation. We will ensure that you understand all of the legalities involved in your matter and that we are available to responsively answer any questions you have and address any concern—our goal is to always respond within 24 hours to client concerns. We want you to have thorough understanding regarding your matter so that you can make informed decisions that are in line with your needs and goals. We’ll educate you about what your rights are in your case and will work to safeguard those rights. We will also advise you about your responsibilities during legal proceedings so that you are always in compliance.
Resolving complex family law issues involves many intricacies and steps. In addition to the aforementioned, we will:
- Prepare all necessary paperwork and documentation for filing with the New Jersey family court for your area
- Identify and gather any evidence that is needed for your case
- Obtain the support of experts such as accountants, financial and tax advisors, psychologists, mediators or other professionals, if your case requires it
- Assist you in negotiating agreements with your spouse, if that is a possibility
- Represent your interests before the court if you and your spouse disagree on the issues
- Provide strategic legal guidance from the beginning of your case until the end.
We Will Put Our In-Depth Experience to Work for You
We realize that most people are not familiar with the New Jersey legal system and how the family courts operate. Your divorce or related issue may be the first time you have been involved in a legal matter. As family law attorneys who have practiced in the state for decades and have in-depth insight into family law and the courts, we will make the process as stress free for you as possible.
Reach out today to speak with a family law lawyer in New Jersey by calling (201) 880-9770 or telling us about your matter in our online form.
Our Bergen County Family Lawyers Handle Full Range of Matters
While we have a particular focus area representing husbands and fathers in divorce and related family law matters, we offer our services to all residents of New Jersey and New York. We handle cases in the following areas:
- Divorce – Our attorneys represent clients in all stages of the divorce process, from pre-divorce planning to post-divorce enforcement and modification. We work closely with our clients to understand clients’ personal circumstances, including whether they have children, what their asset and debt situations are and what their goals are when it comes to custody, the division of property and related areas that must be decided in divorce.
- High-Net-Worth Divorce – We have extensive experience assisting clients in complex high-net-worth divorces. Spouses may own businesses and have millions in stocks, stock options, IRAs, vacation homes, expensive artwork and other assets. We can analyze tax considerations, obtain business valuations, assess the role of pre-nuptial and mid-marriage agreements, and pursue strategies that are custom-tailored to securing our clients’ desired results as quickly and cost-effectively as possible.
- Non-Marital Separations – While non-marital separations involve many of the same issues that spouses face in divorce, they commonly involve a number of unique issues as well. We represent co-parents and former partners with respect to child custody, child support, and other family-related legal matters.
- Child Custody – We help parents secure custody and visitation rights during divorces and non-marital separations. Our New Jersey family lawyers also regularly assist clients with modification and enforcement of custody rights in connection with violations of custody orders, child abductions, parent relocations, and other challenging circumstances.
- Child Support – We work to get fair child support decisions for clients that are in line with their economic circumstances, whether they have to pay child support or will receive it. For unmarried parents, in many cases, one of the first issues to be addressed with regard to child support is paternity. Our attorneys represent mothers and fathers seeking to establish paternity, and we provide experienced representation for establishing, enforcing, and seeking to modify child support awards.
- Alimony – If alimony is a factor in your divorce, we’ll work to get a fair payment amount for your financial circumstances, whether you are the person who will pay alimony or the one who will receive it. We can also help you with enforcing alimony payments and alimony modifications if your circumstances have changed.
- Domestic Violence – Family situations involving domestic violence and allegations of domestic violence require a careful yet swift approach. Our attorneys can help you seek a restraining order if you are a victim of domestic violence, and we can fight to protect you if you have been accused of perpetrating abuse.
No matter what family law issue you have, we will listen carefully to understand your situation and provide tailored options for effectively resolving it based on all the facts involved. Do not wait to reach out for strategic legal assistance.
Call Men’s & Fathers’ Rights Divorce Lawyers by Schultz & Associates, LLC at (201) 880-9770 to arrange a consultation with one of our family law attorneys in Hackensack, NJ.
New Jersey Family Law Attorney Answers FAQs
Do I need an attorney to get a divorce or resolve another family law problem?
You are not required to hire a lawyer to divorce or resolve other family law issues. But you could put yourself at a disadvantage without knowledgeable guidance from a lawyer. Family law decisions related to child custody, the equitable division of property, accusations of domestic violence and other matters have lifelong consequences. If they are not handled carefully by an experienced attorney with deep understanding of New Jersey law who is invested in protecting your rights and interests, you could find yourself having to live with a negative situation that could have turned out better for you if you had engaged legal help.
How much does a New Jersey family law attorney cost?
We can’t give you a specific dollar figure here, or even a cost range. How much a New Jersey family law attorney costs is dependent on your unique situation. High-conflict divorces that involve contentious custody battles, property disputes and other heated disagreements will almost certainly require more assistance from a family lawyer than one in which spouses are less antagonistic and are more agreeable on the issues. That being said, our Hackensack family law attorneys always seek to get clients the results they need while giving careful consideration to the costs involved. When you meet with us and we better understand your individual circumstances, we can further discuss costs with you.
What will a men’s family law lawyer do for me?
Under the law, gender is not a factor in family law decisions and courts do not make child custody, alimony and other decisions to favor one gender over the other. Decisions are made based upon all the facts involved in each case. As a New Jersey family law firm that has a special focus area on protecting men’s rights, however, we know that sometimes men worry that they may not get a fair shake in family law decisions. We want to make sure that you do and will work to uphold that goal from day one of handling your case. If there is evidence in your case that past societal beliefs may be influencing or may have already influenced an outcome, we will stand up aggressively for your legal interests.
Are all divorce and related family law issues decided by judges?
No. Many times issues surrounding divorce can be resolved through negotiations between parties. When agreement can be reached in this way, a judge may simply sign off. New Jersey judges, in fact, prefer that spouses come to agreement between themselves, with the help of their attorneys or in voluntary or court-ordered mediation.
Unfortunately, sometimes parties can’t agree, and that is when the court must step in. When you work with our New Jersey family law firm, we will seek to resolve your matter in the least contentious way as possible under the circumstances.
Contact a Hackensack Family Law Attorney
Trust Us to Provide Skilled Advocacy for Your Complex Legal Issue
If you are looking for a New Jersey family lawyer you can trust to demystify the legal process, clearly explain your options through every step of your divorce, child custody dispute or other matter, and staunchly look out for your interests, contact Men’s & Fathers’ Rights Divorce Lawyers by Schultz & Associates, LLC.
Our Bergen County family lawyers are experienced at resolving the full range of family law issues, and we will work to do so as quickly and efficiently as possible while diligently pursuing the outcome that you need.
To arrange an initial consultation, call our offices in Hackensack at (201) 880-9770 or contact us online and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Our attorneys respond to all inquiries in 24 hours or less.