What Should I Do if I’m Unhappy with the Results of a Motion

If you’re unhappy with the results of a motion, you have two choices. You can either file a motion for reconsideration with that same judge – pointing out something relevant to the ultimate outcome of your case that he or she may have overlooked – or you can file an appeal with the appellate division. If you’re considering an appeal, however, you must abide by certain time restrictions and ensure that there is an actual error in law. You can’t appeal just because you’re an unhappy litigant.

Did you receive a motion that you were dissatisfied with?  Contact experienced Divorce Lawyer Carrie Schultz for guidance.

This educational blog was brought to you by Carrie Schultz, an experienced New Jersey Divorce Lawyer.

Request Case Evaluation

Same Day Case Evaluations are available through video conference, over the phone, or in person (in person by appointment only).