Bergen County Child Support Lawyer Explains What to do if Your Ex Stops Paying Child Support

As an experienced Bergen County Child Support Lawyer I am often asked what one should do if their ex stops paying their child support.  If you have a court order and your spouse stops paying the support-ordered obligation, you can certainly file an application in court for an enforcement. A lot of times clients come to us and we are able to get your spouse on the phone, or we write letters to his or her prior attorney and try to see what the situation is and negotiate what is going on before we have to resort to court intervention.

Did your ex stop paying their child support obligation?  Let one of our dedicated Child Support Lawyers help you get the money your children deserve. This educational blog was brought to you by Carrie Schultz, an experienced Bergen County Child Support Lawyer.

Request Case Evaluation

Same Day Case Evaluations are available through video conference, over the phone, or in person (in person by appointment only).