Office Location: Hackensack, NJ
Candidates must have first-rate interpersonal skills and be comfortable on the phone with clients and effective at developing rapport with prospective clients.
Typical tasks will involve:
- Preparing case-files for hearings and trials
- Scheduling events on the Firm’s master calendar
- Drafting letters and simple court documents
- Conducting research about laws and judicial decisions
- Helping attorneys prepare cases for hearings
- Assisting attorneys in the courtroom
- Communicating with clients with updates and gathering of information
- Preparing discovery and responses to discovery demands
- Serves as case manager for all client files
- The selected candidate will be knowledgeable and proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent keyboarding skills, good spelling and grammar are required, as well as the ability to multi-task and excel in a fast paced environment.
- Prior experience with law firm practice management software a plus.
Education requirements: Candidates should have completed a course of study offered by a college or university especially for secretaries, Paralegals, and possession of a certification as a trained Paralegal is preferred but not required.
Employment experience requirements: Candidates MUST have experience in a family law firm as a Paralegal, Legal Secretary or Legal Assistant and must have handled New Jersey family law cases.
Please forward resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Competitive salary and benefits offered.