Office Location: Hackensack, NJ
Do you want to help men and fathers who may feel railroaded or disadvantaged by the legal system? Who may feel disempowered by their spouse? Do you want to fight for the perceived underdog and give them truthful and honest advice and guidance to protect what matters to them in a divorce/family law matter? Do you want to advocate to make sure good and deserving father’s remain an integral part of their child(ren) lives?
We are an entrepreneurial divorce and family law firm that focuses on providing legal guidance to men and fathers. We are on track for aggressive growth and we need an experienced Associate Attorney to join our team, hit the ground running, and be a total rockstar.
We want to be known for helping our clients come out of an extremely emotional process feeling as though they are a better person, in a better position, and that they had a team behind them that really cared and fought for them.
If the following statements appeal to you, then you may be a good fit:
– You practice family law because you enjoy helping people.
– You pride yourself in high quality work.
– You want to practice law in a supportive and friendly work environment who will consider your personal, professional, and financial goals.
– You want to work at a firm that is set up with cloud-based systems to enable you to work remotely on occasion.
– You are very good with electronic calendars, e-mail, spreadsheets, word processing, and internet research
– You can meet a billable requirement of 32 hours a week.
– You think in terms of outlines, chronologies, and indexes
– You see an opportunity for clarification and organization where other people see a mess
– You are an amazing and creative writer with a sickening degree of attention to detail
– You are a well-respected, assertive advocate who always maintains a high level of personal and professional integrity and professional ethics both inside and outside of the office.
– Your middle name is “No Drama”
– You are an awesome juggler of tasks and can change gears quickly
– You do not think scanning and copying are “beneath you”
NJ State Bar Admission Required
- Client interface/meetings
- Drafting motions, pleadings, memorandum, discovery demands and responses, and correspondence, etc.
- Attorney must be experienced in all aspects of family law such as: divorce matters, child custody, child support, domestic violence, drafting of motions, pre and post marital agreements, dissolutions, post decree modification and orders of protection.
- Court appearances in New Jersey
- Handling all aspects of divorce cases from inception through completion
We need an Associate Attorney with at least 2-5 years in experience in Divorce & Family Law.
This is a full-time job where you are expected to manage a full caseload, so you absolutely must be able to work *in the office* for 40 hours per week. In addition to a salary, there is an opportunity for bonus compensation for those who can demonstrate their profitability.
HOW TO APPLY:
If this exciting opportunity appeals to you, please follow the instructions listed below. APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Prepare a cover letter with no more than TWO paragraphs. In the first paragraph explain what you believe are the 3 most important qualities needed in an attorney who works with family law clients and why you believe they are the most important qualities.
In the second paragraph, explain why you applied to this particular ad.
As a closing sentence please write, “I have read the instructions contained in the job posting and have followed the instructions.”
Please email your resume and cover letter in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The subject line of the email should your last name (all caps), followed by the position you are applying for in lower case, followed by one word that you would use to describe yourself in all caps. [For example: SMITH-Associate Attorney- AWESOME]
All applications will be held in the strictest of confidence.
We look forward to reviewing your application!